Where can you go for what?
There are many possibilities and opportunities for entrepreneurs and researchers in the creative industries. You will find a selection of the most important calls and schemes via our support page. In addition, various organisations also offer useful tips and other support and information. We list a number of them here.
Regieorgaan (Taskforce for Applied Research) SIA
For whom: Researchers from universities (of applied sciences).
Regieorgaan SIA promotes the quality and impact of applied research at universities of applied sciences. We do this by funding research and stimulating collaboration between universities of applied sciences, the business world and public institutions.
For whom: Entrepreneurs
Dutch entrepreneurs can contact RVO with questions in the field of sustainable, agricultural, innovative and international entrepreneurship. RVO offers information and advice, financing, the right contacts or just a good conversation. RVO is part of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate
- Financing for entrepreneurs
MIT (SMEs in Top Sectors): feasibility studies, R&D-Collaboration, Vouchers
PPS-project allowance for partnerships
Overig: innovation credit, early phase, Seed
- Fiscal: WBSO
- Assignments: SBIR, innovation partnership
- Patents & Intellectual Property
For whom: researchers from universities (of applied sciences)
Every year, NWO invests nearly 1 billion euros in curiosity-driven research, research focused on societal challenges and in research infrastructure.
Creative Industries Fund NL
For whom: Designers
The Creative Industries Fund NL is the cultural fund for design, architecture, digital culture and all possible crossovers. The Fund wants to make a substantial contribution to the quality of professional design practice within and especially between the disciplines of design, architecture and digital culture. Part of this aim is the interdisciplinary interaction between the cultural, social and economic domain. The Fund supports special and innovative projects and activities by designers, makers and cultural institutions in the creative industries.
For whom: Entrepreneurs and researchers from the creative industries
CLICKNL is the agency (or official top sector institute) for the top sector creative industries. CLICKNL is responsible for the knowledge and innovation agenda of the creative industries and connects researchers and entrepreneurs, shares relevant knowledge and directs projects and innovation policies within the top sector. To share all knowledge, experience and inspiration, CLICKNL organises events such as the Design Research & Innovation Festival DRIVE.
• Added value through design
• Knowledge in the creative industries
• Key Enabling Methodologies
• Knowledge and Innovation Agenda
- Added value through design
- Knowledge in the creative industries
- Key Enabling Methodologies
- Knowledge and Innovation Agenda
• Patents and the way in which you can protect an invention, technical product or process: Netherlands Patent Office (OCNL)
• General support for small and medium-sized businesses: * Entrepreneurial sounding board
- Chamber of Commerce: Tips for writing a business plan (necessary for applications at RVO, for instance)
- Intellectual Property: the crowning glory of your work
- Trademarks, designs and the i-Depot: Benelux-office for Intellecutal Property (BOIP)
- Patents and the way in which you can protect an invention, techical product or process: Netherlands Patent Office (OCNL)
- General support for small and medium-sized businesses: * Entrepreneurial sounding board